Short Update: London and TV Appearance!

March 13, 2012

Hello everyone,
I just wanted to say thank you so much to everyone who voted for me over the last few weeks! I'm off to London in two days time where the People's Choice winner will be announced. 
Win or lose, you will be the first to know how things went and I'll post up photos also.
It's all been such an amazing journey when I think back to the start, and ever reader and comment on here has meant so much - I genuinely can't find the words to express how much. I hope to keep doing this for a long, long time and get back on track to regular blogging once I return next week.
Oh and did I mention I'm going to be on TV
Yup! I was at the Dublin awards ceremony a week ago, receiving my Medal For Excellence (they had an Irish ceremony for the 3 Irish medalists, before the big London one) and the lady covering the PR for the event told me she had spoken to Ireland AM (a daytime chat-show style program on here in Ireland) about 'my story' and that they want to have me on to talk about receiving the medals, my training, and I even get a few minutes to chat about a topic of my choice. I'm thinking it'll have to be about traditional wet shaving but what do you all think? I've been given an amazing opportunity to tell the Irish public about something to do with barbering - what do you feel is the most important?
Once it's aired I'll have to see if I can get a copy of it recorded to upload to here and show those of you reading from across the water.
Anyway I must dash and start to get everything organised for Thursday. Lots of exciting news to come!
- BE

3 comments:

Clarke said...

TV? That IS special. Perhaps you could discuss how proper barbering relates to men's grooming. I think you could probably work traditional shaving, from a barber's viewpoint, into the discussion.

Bit2 said...

I am very proud of you!

Keep it up, you will be the Barber Eile to the stars.

Bit2

Barber Eile's Blog said...

Thanks! I'll be on on the 30th of April and they want me to discuss beard shaping and trimming (their idea so I'll go with it!)

Post a Comment