Almon Loos - Rockabilly Barber and Soap Maker

July 25, 2011

A few months ago a friend of mine from The Waldorf Barbershop shared a cool video online of a Californian barber called Almon Loos (I'd link to it here but is seems to be set to "private" now). It was a rockin' little documentary about his career as a barber, a rockabilly musician and a businessman also makes his own soaps and shaving products. In lieu of the documentary here's a link to a video of his band playing "Hollywood Babylon":
I was so intrigued by this guy that I contacted him on Facebook (Click here for his page ) to find out more about his shaving products and to compliment him on the documentary etc. After a few e-mails back and forth he kindly said he would send me a sample of his "World Famous Shaving Soap" so I could give it a whirl and review it on here, under no obligation to like it or give anything other than an honest, unbiased review. After a couple of weeks I got a big package in the post containing all of THIS!

What a haul! Almon was kind enough to include not only a full puck of his shaving soap, but also a puck of his tattoo soap, a t-shirt, posters and stickers, and even a record of his band with a handwritten note on the sleeve! I was blown away by the generosity of this guy and his dedication to promoting his products etc. It's independent vendors like this that really make me appreciate the kindness of the shaving community. Anyway, you can read all about my review of his shaving soap in my next blog post... until then...
- BE


0 comments:

Post a Comment